31 August 2009
by Sarah at 5:43 pm
- 1 Mac Cosmetics eyeshadow pot or pan whatever you want - your choice on colour as long as it is a current in stock one!
- 3 Barry M dazzle dusts - your choice of colours
- 2 Barry M nail paints - your choice of colours
- 1 Boots Botanics soothing eye makeup remover (this product = love)
- Follow my blog
- Post a link to this contest as a post on your blog
- Comment below - please enter me
The deadline is Friday 4th September. Blog winner will be picked at random and will be posted on here and asked to contact me with their address and colours of products they want.
by Sarah at 9:01 am
29 August 2009
Obsessions Of A 19 Year Old is having her
giveaway@ http://essjayarr.blogspot.com/2009/08/giveaway .
Check out her blog here, as t he rules are simple and she's a sweety! Very nice Barry M Goodies indeed!
Her rules: You MUST be a follower.You must comment below telling her the worst gift you have ever recieved.
If you want to be entered twice then post about my blog on your blog.
by Sarah at 6:18 pm
Mac black fluidline, Storm palette shimmery blue and gold and gosh dark storm eyeliner.
by Sarah at 4:20 pm
1 - No.7 Extravagant Lashes Mascara
2 - Free Lash building double ending mascara that came free with Company Magazine today
No7 Extravagant Lashes Mascara 12ml has a dramatic curling effect on lashes, with an incredibly clever formula that evenly coats lashes from root to tip, giving up to eight hours' curl and up to seven times the volume.
Free Mascara - Metallic basecoat for extra volume lashes and black top coat for luxuriant longer looking lashes.
Round 1 - Price
No.7 - £12.00 however I got £5.00 of with a voucher they are currently doing
Free mascara wins this round
Round 2 - Packaging
No.7 packaging is a dark aubergine plastic, looks quite cheap and is very fat and clunky
Free one is double ended and looks quite classy with it's silver central part.
Free mascara wins this round as well
Round 3 - Brush
No.7 brush is very long and thick which makes it quite difficult to apply, it seems to be made of a rubbery material and there are no bristles which makes it quite difficult to define and separate the lashes and they stuck together quite a lot. The brush is so big it is difficult to get into the inner corner lashes without getting mascara on your nose.
Free mascara brush is an old style round bristley brush all the same length and very standard. I don't really like it that much but it was easy to apply and less difficult than the No.7 one
Once again the free mascara is better, are we seeing a pattern here?!
Round 4 - Volume
You can see from the picture that the volume is a lot more obvious on the eye to the right of the picture...this was the free mascara!
Another victory for free mascara
Round 5 - Length
As this picture shows the eye to the right of the picture has longer looking lashes which were once again the free mascara. The free mascara is kicking No.7's ass!
Round 6 - Overall impression
As you can see I am incredibly dissapointed with the No.7 mascara. They are talking absolute rubbish when they say dramatic curling effects, there were not even any undramatic curling effects nothing curled at all! Seven times the volume? Well I think the pictures speak for themselves.
I highly recommend picking up Company magazine for those in the UK, a £2 magazine and a free mascara is a bargain, and much more useful than a £12 one which has been completely over-hyped.
I love to read Lilyloveslola and it was recommended on there to check out Jennifer's Blog which I did. I think it's great and so many followers in 1 week! I took her recommendation for the website http://www.loveheartsandcrosses.co.uk/ and I have order the necklaces below, aren't they super cute?
by Sarah at 11:31 am
26 August 2009
I was tagged by the lovely Victoria, check out her blog here thank you very much, my first tag!
I have to give you all 10 facts about me and nominate 10 lovely blogs!
1. I am terrified of horses! I got chased by one once and have been in fear ever since!
2. I have a phobia of pickle, that gross brown Branston stuff. If anyone buys any and puts it in our fridge I throw it away as if I see it or smell it there is a good chance I will be sick. After throwing it away I wash my hands to get rid of pickle association. I know what a freak...
3. Following on from the one above I throw soo much stuff away (or ebay or charity shop it) I hate old stuff, I like vintage stuff just not random old clothes or items that are not intentionally vintage. I am definitely not a hoarder of anything, I throw away makeup I don't like. I HATE clutter.
4. I'm addicted to dettol or antibacterial kitchen sprays, I love them! Germs are the enemy in the kitchen.
5. When I was little I was a leader at Brownies, I have no managerial skills now..what on earth happened? My group were the pixies in case you were interested!
6. I want to go to the London College of Beauty next year and do the foundation course on makeup application in the evenings.
7. I would like 1 or 2 children but would be really scared about being pregnant, it looks difficult and very painful.
8. I didn't realise how hard a touch screen mobile phone would be with acrylic nails, I prefer a Blackberry, I need buttons!
9. I hate my hair hate hate hate. I would love extensions but I don't have time for the upkeep.
10. I am very fidgety and cannot sit still for very long before I start tidying or looking online, I rarely watch a whole tv show or film before losing interest.
and since I don't seem to know 10 people who haven't already been tagged if I have anyone who follows the blog that wants to send me a link to their list please do xx
by Sarah at 9:31 am
24 August 2009
They say -
Anti-Frizz Effect for Rebellious, Frizzy Hair
Straighter hair for up to 24 hours without straightening irons.
The Gliss Asia Straight care system with bamboo and orchid essence straightens the hair.
Directions: After washing, gently massage into the towel-dried hair. Leave In. Straighten your hair while blow-drying.
For 24 hour effect use: Gliss Asia Straight Shampoo, Conditioner and Straightening Balm
Now I can't belive how much I love this stuff, I picked it up earlier from Superdrug as it looked new and was only £2.99 and since previous post regarding my fuzz-head hair I am always on the lookout for heat protection items and straightening items. This does both!
I just rubbed a 10p sized blob into my parting and then through my hair from the mid length to the ends and hairdryed as normal at the gym (and they have really dodgy dryers) and I have no parting fuzz and my hair really does look straight and shiny.
However they claim that you will not have to use hair straighteners if you use this product and I think that is a little bit misleading, you might have to use them a bit less or a lot less but my hair did not look as poker straight as if I had GHD'd it, just like I had naturally straight hair.
I would definitely recommend you try this if you get the dreaded frizzies although my hair is very fine so I don't know how it would work on thick hair. £2.99 though..what a bargain!
by Sarah at 8:56 pm
First come first served.
by Sarah at 1:21 pm
23 August 2009
The worst thing is that even though I have lots of random layers I have such fine and flat hair that when it is straight it has zero volume.... so I have decided that as a project I am going to carry on or start doing the following:
- Carry on dying hair dark (naturally dark blond) to improve condition and make it more shiny
- I haven't had a trim for 4 months and it has grown 1/2 cm (woop di doo) so clearly I do not need any trims for at least another 6 months as it grows so slowly.
- Use an overnight deep conditioning treatment once a week.
- Use a separate deep conditioning treatment once a week.
- Continue using paraben free shampoo to see if this helps.
- Try not to wash hair daily (quite difficult as I go to the gym often which you obviously have to hairwash after or you will just have sweat-head which is gross)!
- Try and use heat styling products only when absolutely necessary and use a heat protection spray
- Try and use dry shampoo on roots to give more volume
- Search out any products that will improve my poor barnet
I am hoping that this time next year my hair will be a lot softer and that I will have found a product or some products that are good buys. Over the coming months I am hoping to test out
Body Shop brazil nut moisture maskFarouk CHI silk infusion
Hydracure mask by pureology
Hei Poa Monoi Nacre hair oil
Kerastase Nutritive Oleo Relax Nuit
For now I am trying out this product: Lee Stafford Overnight Poker Straight as if you look at Hele's Blog Review of this product it seems to have worked well for her.
Needless to say I was a bit overdone to sit and watch X-factor with the BF but oh well!
Face: Clinique city block sheer, Benefit Erase Paste, Too Faced Snow-bunny bronzer and Mac MSF in Sunny by Nature.
Eyes: Mac prep and prime, Lily Lolo e/s in green opal on the lid and under the bottom lashes, Sleek Inferno Eye Dust in the crease, Sleek Storm palette top row 2nd from the left under browbone and Mac fluidline in blacktrack to line. Mascara is Estee Lauder magnascopic - which is not cutting it so I am going to pick up the new funky No. 7 mascara this week.
Lips: YSL Rouge Volupte #26
So far I am not too impressed with the Lily Lolo, the colour was gorgeous and very sparkly but even though I used e/s base I had to pack pack pack this on and then when I blended it into the sleek half of it fell of so I had to pack it on again. Once it finally got on it stayed on but a lot of fallout and not a lot of pigmentation compared to Barry M, Sleek or Mac - I know they are mineral but so are the storm eyeshadows and they are a lot better. Sad really since I love the name and the packaging!
by Sarah at 7:20 am
- Price - Through Ebay this was only a few dollars so very reasonable
- Colour - I loooove this bright purple, but it's more for toes or weekends, I couldn't wear it to work
- How many coats to get the shade you see in the bottle - three plus basecoat and SecheVite topcoat
- Smell - Really really bad! Urgh definitely open a window!
- Chipping - None after 2 days but I do have acrylics which seems to help.
- Recommend? - Yes if you can stand the smell!
by Sarah at 6:39 am
22 August 2009
- Essie Bermuda Shorts nailpolish (review to come later). Such a lovely colour.
- Slimfast rich chocolate milkshake mmmmmm just tastes like a liquid choc bar! I have been so exhausted when I get home from work that having this is better than no dinner and also more protein and nutrients than just eating an actual choc bar. Good stuff!
- Bio oil - I love this stuff and am on my 5th or 6th bottle but I still rave about it.
- Clean and Clear dual action moisturiser - so far this is performing well considering my usual Clinique one costs around £40 and this was £3.99, review will be once the tube is finished as it takes a while to form an opinion about moisturiser.
- That this week is over, it has been completely horrendous! Woo for the weekend.
- School children on summer holidays who have nothing to do other than stand at the train station or bus stop and harass people. Grrrrr get a job!
- Wine - had a massive hangover yesterday
- Lily Lolo translucent powder - supposed to be translucent but just made me whiter
- My MBT's have a hole in them and a new pair costs £150. I am wondering if I should just get the sketchers ones?
- Having to wait 8 weeks to see if Lilash is working, I want results now lol!
Also I have just seen this on Saskiathesalsafairy's Blog
"the company [Naked] are offering an online 50% off discount (excluding p&p) until the 31 August 2009. You can order online at http://www.nakedbodycare.co.uk/ and quote the code 'face09'. "
I have ordered a few things for me and some for the BF to test as I am allergic to all bubble bath so I got him one of them and I ordered him some hairgel.
I wouldn't really buy at full price so worth a look. Postage is £3.99 though so worth doubling up or doing an order with a friend if you can to split the cost.
20 August 2009
The pot is small but you only need a tiny dot of concealer for both eyes and it comes with a spatula so no germy fingers in pots. The coverage is good, this is definitely for one of those hangover days or hard at work days. Leave this for when you really need it and be sparing as I am sure this would settle in fine lines if you put too much on.
by Sarah at 7:09 am
19 August 2009
You get an appointment with a counter and beauty editor from a magazine and a goody bag all for £20 which goes to this charity. I am a strong supporter of this charity as my mum has had cancer in the past and they do really good work, so please check them out
Is anyone else going?
I love the look of the quads and the pigments, not too sure about Technakohls?
by Sarah at 9:26 am
17 August 2009
This is the best lipstick I have ever used.
16 August 2009
So to amuse myself I went to the shops for a curling wand by Babyliss since everyone and their hamster seems to already have one, and ended up coming back with all this.......oops!
I got the Babyliss conical wand, and then thought that the TRESemme heat defence spray would be a good idea, along with the Clean and Clear dual action moisturiser. Then I went to Superdrug and picked up Gosh velvet touch eyeliner in Banana, Extreme Art eyeliner in 001, Barry M's white kohl pencil and ME ME ME colourama cream eyeshadow in Chiffon Rose.
Then on the way back to the carpark I was tempted by Nars Surabaya eyeshadow duo and YSL Rouge Volupte lipstick in number 26, I had heard about these but not seen them, number 1 and 2 are gorge and I will probably pick them up another time but number 26 is such a gorgeous pale coral that it is perfect to cheer me up tomorrow when I go back to work after being off for 2 weeks (mostly with Swine flu).
This is a swatch on my hand
If you want to receive a £10.00 discount off of your first order then send me your email address and I will add you as a friend on Brandalley which apparently gives you £10.00 off.
I am just off to wash the fake tan off so we shall see what happens next!
15 August 2009
I have now washed off the tan and I am impressed. It is about 1 shade lighter than Fake Bake and there was absolutely no weird smell, I can't even smell the coconut scent it literally does not smell of anything, Fake Bake kind of smells a bit like biscuits.
Here are the before and after pics for my face, my inner arm compared to my forehead and my tummy. There is also a pic of my arm against something white so you can tell what the colour is compared to pure white.
I would give this 9/10. If it was slightly darker it would be 10/10 as I know you can do another coat but really who can be bothered?
I would definitely give this a go if your partner hates the normal biscuity fake tan smell xx
Mmm a lovely ode to casper the ghost
After the guide colour has been washed off
As you can see it might help if I scrubbed my ear a bit harder!
After a chance encounter at Mac in Selfridges with the gorgeous makeup artist - I really cannot remember her name but she was fabulous - who showed me how to do a smoky brown eye I am back on track and spending up my salary on cosmetics....I feel like I never left my obsession!
So this is me, not a guru or makeup artist, model or genius. I am just a regular 24 year old having fun with makeup and trying to look as nice as possible. I will let you know how I get on with certain products.
Today's face is bare as I am going for my Fake Bake spray tan, this will be my last one for a few weeks as I want to use up my own Fake Bake mousse and facial tan. Fake Bake is my favourite but after I have used those up I will be giving the dubiously spelled St Moriz fake tan ago to put in my 2p's worth.
Just in case you wondered what Fake Bake spray tan did to an extremely pale person I will post before and after pics later.